Saturday, 6 February 2016

Review: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer

13206900Goodreads Synopsis:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?


Review:
Love, love, love! I can't stop smiling, this book made me so damn happy - even though there were times when I was very close to screaming.

While waiting (impatiently I might add) for the book to be delivered it was all I could think about, wondering what would happen and if my ships would sail on or die a terrible death. Then when it was in my hands reality disappeared for those 824 pages (it is one beast of a book). Now, days later and my thoughts keep returning to the world.

Binge-reading the series was so much fun, but the only downside is that I no longer know what to do with myself… I can’t quite believe the series is over and would kill for Stars Above right now because I need that epilogue in my life! Just after I finished the last page and finally managed a breath I wanted to re-read it. There’s no doubt in my mind that this is a favourite book/series I will come back to again and again.

Marissa Meyer is a master at writing and what I loved most is how I could get behind every single relationship, be it platonic or romantic or family or ‘denying their feelings while the others wanted them to JUST KISS ALREADY’ *looks at Thorne and Cress*. My favourite couple remains Cinder & Kai (though I wouldn’t mind him for myself…) but Winter & Jacin surprised me. Originally I wanted to throw Jacin off a spaceship without a parachute and it was only because he was the perfect match for Winter who deserves to be protected from the world that I had to re-evaluate. Of course given the chance I’d still punch him in the face. Be honest, we all would.

That said I’m going to miss him. In fact I’m going to miss the whole gang and it’s bittersweet. I wouldn’t have it any other way though.


Spoilers:

 
Favourite Quotes:
“One should never save cake for later when it can be eaten now.” 

“Thorne scoffed. “Careful is my middle name. Right after Suave and Daring."
“Do you even know what you're saying half the time?” asked Cinder.” 

“Oh, I fully intend to form an alliance with Luna.” Kai glanced at the cyborg foot again. “I just intend to put a different queen on the throne first.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...