Sunday, 21 February 2016

ARC Review: Paralyzed (The Vagabond Circus #2) by Sarah Noffke

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28536401-paralyzedGoodreads Synopsis:
When the worst case scenario befalls the Vagabond Circus, Zuma knows she must ensure it doesn’t fall to doom. Titus’s job is to guarantee the show goes on, while the acrobats seek to avenge and rescue. Jack has no idea that he’s about to levitate himself into a deadly situation, and only Zuma and Finley can save him from a threat unlike what most have ever encountered. In this second whimsical and dark installment of the Vagabond Circus tale, the reader learns just how the ringmaster, Dr. Dave Raydon, rescued everyone in his troupe and also brought love and treasures into their lives. The unveiling of this history only brings more mystery as the true enemy to Vagabond Circus is unveiled. Charles Knight isn’t an evil man with a deadly agenda. He’s the worst kind of human being and he won’t stop until he’s ruined everyone and everything that the ringmaster loves. Paralyzed is an episodic ride that unravels the pieces of this fantasy circus one act at a time.


Review:
***I received the ARC ebook from the author in exchange for an honest review***

Twice now I’ve tried to sit down and write a decent review, the main reason I’ve struggled is that I’m running out of synonyms for the word phenomenal when describing Sarah Noffke’s books. I also have no idea how to convey the degree/amount of feelings running through my heart just thinking about what I experienced within the pages. It probably doesn’t help that I (once again) forgot about the extras at the back of the book and thought I had more chapters… THAT ENDING IS NOT OKAY. I’m not okay *ensue flailing* *dies*

As the second book in The Vagabond Circus Trilogy, Paralyzed sees everyone having to come to grips with the life altering death that broke our hearts in the first and let me tell you, it’s even more devastating now. Finley and Zuma have walls between them that take a lot to break down (including some hilarious but wounding banter). Jack was off being a suicidal idiot, only now I have a new appreciation for his character and would change that to ‘rightly emotional boy who needs a group hug with his friends’.

Then of course there’s the villain that makes me want to be physically violent. Get me in a room with Knight and I may not be able to take him down (the way he can torture minds doesn’t look pleasant) but I’ll have a lot of fun trying. Noffke might just have a little evil of the author kind in herself looking at how well she can tear a reader’s heart out, give them a beautiful beacon of hope and then rip it all away again. So you should definitely read her books ;) I look forward to crying with you.

Spoilers:
Favourite Quotes:
“Life is full of magic and if you try and explain it all then you lose the opportunity for bewilderment, which is a beautiful thing – Dr. Dave Raydon” 

“One must weather the storm to spy the rainbows.” 

“Today we remember the man who brought magic back to this world by lighting a spark in all of you. You are all his legacy. You are the magic of Vagabond Circus.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...