Sunday, 3 January 2016

Mini/Gif Reviews: The Lunar Chronicles

On the 1st of January I decided to pick up The Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer after reading Cinder back in May last year and have ended up basically binge-reading all the books XD (it's done wonders for my goodreads reading challenge!)
     As of right now I am waiting for Winter, the fourth book to arrive and so to pass the time I thought I'd post my really mini reviews/immediate reactions/gifs (all spoiler free except for The Queen's Army) to sum up the others in chronological order starting with the first novella:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13254289-glitches
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 3 stars
Poor Cinder... she really deserved more than she got with that witch of a stepmother


19208103
The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles #0.6) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 4 stars
My heart...
description


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11235712-cinder
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 3 stars
It must have been circumstances that stopped me from picking up the sequel sooner because there's no doubt in my mind that I enjoyed Cinder. The originality is what caught my eye and to this moment I haven't found anything similar in the same league.
You can see more of my original thoughts here (just a warning though: the review is old and cringe-worthy! Maybe I shouldn't draw attention to it ahah)


16075962
The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles #1.5) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 3 stars
Goddamn, so that's how Wolf became Alpha!
description


13206760
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
I have it 3 stars
In general this book felt very much like it was setting up the next more than anything else. Also even though I was expecting the new characters, I wasn't the biggest fan and looked forward to seeing Cinder & Kai (and Thorne who I couldn't help immediately falling in love with) more. That said it was still really enjoyable :D


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13206828-cress
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 4 stars
Easily my favourite in the series so far, it was amazingly done with how the fairy tales merged into the story and how beautifully written the relationships developed and how damn much I love all the characters. Cinder = awesome. Kai = my husband. Scarlet = needing a hug. Wolf = needing Scarlet to give him a hug. Cress = wide-eyed innocence. Thorne = my second husband.


20813789
Carswell's Guide to being Lucky (The Lunar Chronicles #3.1) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 3 stars
So charming and manipulative and attractive - I'm a little bit (okay, a lot) in love with Thorne.
description


22489107
Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
I gave it 5 stars
Holy crap! I'm sorry, but damn... I can understand why Levana came to be who she is but it doesn't change the fact that she's a power-hungry lunatic.
description


I hope you've enjoyed this post! I know it's slightly different than normal with the reviews/gifs taken straight from goodreads after finishing the novels. Anyway, I'd love to know your thoughts if you've read any of these and if you plan to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...