Saturday, 30 January 2016

ARC Review: The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater's Daughter #2) by Melinda Salisbury

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26625494-the-sleeping-princeGoodreads Synopsis:
Return to the darkly beautiful world of The Sin Eater's Daughter with a sequel that will leave you awed, terrified . . . and desperate for more.

Ever since her brother Lief disappeared, Errin's life has gone from bad to worse. Not only must she care for her sick mother, she has to scrape together rent money by selling illegal herbal cures. But none of that compares to the threat of the vengeful Sleeping Prince whom the Queen just awoke from his enchanted sleep.

When her village is evacuated as part of the war against the Sleeping Prince, Errin is left desperate and homeless. The only person she can turn to is the mysterious Silas, a young man who buys deadly poisons from Errin, but won't reveal why he needs them. Silas promises to help her, but when he vanishes, Errin must journey across a kingdom on the brink of war to seek another way to save her mother and herself. But what she finds shatters everything she believed about her world, and with the Sleeping Prince drawing nearer, Errin must make a heartbreaking choice that could affect the whole kingdom.


Review:
***I received the physical book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review***

Oh my god… So many emotions right now! There was heartbreak and anger and relief and so, so much love. At the beginning I was biting my nails and at the end I was jumping up and down squealing (I tried not to but I really couldn’t help it, much to my brother’s shock. However the same thing happened at the end of The Sin Eater’s Daughter so I wasn’t really surprised!)

A fantastic book and brilliant sequel, I had no clue where the story would go following a new set of characters (that I have grown to love, particularly Silas who needs a damn hug) but I knew it would be an epic journey and I wasn’t disappointed. As always Melinda painted a beautiful tale filled with rich settings, vivid characters and astonishing secrets; add in lots of murder, angst and a villain who’s just too good (in that evil way) and hey presto! I have a new favourite book of 2016.

I couldn’t get enough of The Sleeping Prince (book & character) because he’s twisted in all the ways that make him fascinating. His lore helped The Sin Eater’s Daughter make so much sense and when the two collided as new friendships formed there was no going back.

One thing is for sure, I am desperate for the final instalment and by desperate I mean I WANT IT IN MY HANDS SOON ELSE I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR HOWEVER MANY MONTHS!

Spoilers:
Favourite Quotes:
To be added after release and re-read. I got so caught up in the writing and the story that I completely forgot to make notes O.O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...