Saturday, 23 January 2016

ARC Gif Review: Night Study (Soulfinders #2) by Maria V. Snyder

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16130759-night-studyGoodreads Synopsis:
Ever since being kidnapped from the Illiais Jungle as a child, Yelena Zaltana's has been fraught with peril. But the recent loss of her Soulfinding abilities has endangered her more than ever before. As she desperately searches for a way to reclaim her magic, her enemies are closing in, and neither Ixia nor Sitia are safe for her anymore. Especially since the growing discord between the two countries and the possibility of a war threatens everything Yelena holds dear. 

Valek is determined to protect Yelena, but he's quickly running out of options. The Commander suspects that his loyalties are divided, and he's been keeping secrets from Valek...secrets that put him, Yelena and all their friends in terrible danger. As they uncover the various layers of the Commander's mysterious plans, they realize it's far more sinister that they could have ever imagined.


Review:
***I received the ARC eBook from the puvlisher in exchange for an honest review***

I have so much love for this series and this latest installment is perfection! I'm still working my head around everything that happened and will remain firmly in denial that I have to wait a whole damn year for more from my favourite unconventional family: Yelena (who remains badass), Valek (my husband, sorry Yelena), Lief (who I no longer resent though he did make me very hungry with all the descriptions of food) Ari & Janco (a power non-couple if I've ever seen one) and everyone else whose lives I have loved being a part of.

Putting into words my thoughts and the extent of my feelings has been impossible, so bring on the gifs!

As the day of ARC release approached (and once it was in my hands)

Talking to the characters before getting started

Throughout

To everyone who dared threaten my favourites
And it will be you!

Yelena

Valek <3

Me
Favourite Quotes (spoilers!):
"Sneaks, spies, defenders, heroes, masterminds, tenacious bastards - it doesn't matter what you call us. We're the ones who will do whatever it takes to stop those who believe they're entitled to wealth and power at the expense of others."
"The family business," Yelena said, smiling."

"One thing Valek did know how to do - sew. The other assassins hadn't called him the King Knitter for nothing."

"No one is going to mess with my son or daughter."
She laughed. "You can't assassinate bullies or boys who kiss your daughter."
"Pity."

"Till death. I do swear, love." Valek whispered in my ear.
"Beyond death. My vow to you," I said. 
He drew back to meet my gaze. "So we shall be. Forever united."
"We shall be," I agreed."

"Dark shadows of grief haunted his expression. More than any one person should be asked to bear. But that was the problem with grief. No one ever asked for it. It arrived with its bags packed for an extended stay. It settled into your best guest room and demanded to be waited on all day long, and which it finally shuffled out the door, it left behind permanent scratches on your furniture."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...