Friday, 27 November 2015

Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 2

IMDb Synopsis:
As the war of Panem escalates to the destruction of other districts by the Capitol, Katniss Everdeen, the reluctant leader of the rebellion, must bring together an army against President Snow, while all she holds dear hangs in the balance.


Review:
Warning – vague spoilers of book and movie.

What a way to end a franchise! Goddamn… It was explosive ;) and that’s the last I’ll reference a certain character’s death because I still can’t deal with it, nor will I ever be able to along with all the other losses. In particular the devilishly handsome victor that deserved so much and is making me tear up again (why did they have to include that? WHY?)

I only just saw the movie a few hours ago so everything is still fresh in my mind and heart, which makes this review bring all that to the forefront again. As a viewer I went through so many emotions because the characters do and they’re portrayed so brilliantly that you can’t help but get invested right from the start. This made it brutal to watch because a hijacked Peeta will break my heart every time (props to Josh Hutcherson and the rest of the cast for being so damn amazing). Jennifer Lawrence with always be The Girl on Fire to me; same goes for all the actors who embodied their roles exceptionally well.

What surprised me wasn’t the high level of emotions, but how well they worked in the overall film. I hadn’t thought the final book would translate well (this was before part 1 where I was proven wrong) but Francis Lawrence managed to include non-stop nail-biting action along with time for emotions to be shown evolving.

Add this to stunning cinematography and accuracy to the book (which I actually enjoyed less than the 2 movies!) and I couldn’t be more happy/satisfied with Mockingjay. People haven’t wanted the movies to end because they mean so much and I understand that completely since I feel the same, but it couldn’t have concluded better should someone cover the movie tape with sprinkles of perfection. I can’t wait to watch them all again!
Favourite Quotes:
Finnick: “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the seventy-sixth Hunger Games.”

Katniss: “Stay with me.”
Peeta: “Always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...