Friday, 30 October 2015

Review: Pledged (Gateway #3) by Louise G. White

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27217620-pledged?from_search=true&search_version=serviceGoodreads Synopsis:
The deal was simple: Carolyn and her friends could return home after 21 days. What could happen in 3 short weeks? 
Rather a lot: Carolyn’s mother is livid about her “rescue” and Edward is being groomed for a chiefdom he doesn’t want. The Agency’s “elixir of life” has been perfected, and O.W.E. permits mean that certain humans have been authorised to work in the demon realms. 
The destroyer is about to face her greatest fear, and it has nothing to do with killing demons: 
She must decide what to do about Ethan and Note who risked everything for her and already accomplished the impossible in “Chasing the Demon”.

Review:
***I received the ARC eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

After finishing a book with a spectacular ending, be it tragic or happy, I’m high on the feels and then looking back days or weeks later I don’t understand what made me give it such a high rating. This series has once again been the exception, throwing my all my expectations out the window – a really good thing!

Louise G. White continues to surprise me with how quickly I become invested in the story each time I pick up one of her books as well as how much I care about the characters, old and new. I could read the story from any perspective and love it! Which says so much to me about how amazing each aspect of the book is.

There is something for everyone in this complex world – magic, action, adventure, fast-pace, twists, platonic relationships, humour, romance, betrayal, darkness and more. I can’t recommend the Gateway series enough.
Favourite Quotes:
“Love defied explanation, much like magic. It could be spun, shaped and moulded to take o a wonderfully beautiful shape … or the exact opposite.”

“What I do, what the team does … matters. I know how it sounds and I’m not so arrogant as to think it’s all about me, either. Ethan, Mario, even Note from a distance, they’re all a part of it – the bigger picture. I’m proud to be numbered amongst them.”

“I can’t ever be just a friend,” and he pressed his forehead against hers, feeling it as almost more intimate than a kiss. There’s no-one else for me, Carolyn. You are the centre of my universe, and there’s nothing – not the love of my people, my realm … not anything that comes close to how I feel about you.”

“Their lives held no guarantees, each carrying responsibilities that would test them, but together there was nothing they couldn’t face. Fated or not, supported or not, they were a force with which to be reckoned.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...