Friday, 18 September 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

Back in March the lovely Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe nominated me for the blogger recognition award (originally created by Eve @ Edge of Night) and today finally I am doing it!

Since then I was also nominated by Lauren @ Always Me, Trinity @ The Midnight Princess and Ardis @ Pondering the Prose.
Thank you all so much!! <3

The Rules:
Write a post to show off your reward!
Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to and list them in the post. Comment on each bog and let them know you nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.

My Blog's Story:
I started book blogging at the end of May last year (2014) after I'd been thinking about it for months. I've always been a reader but it was during secondary school when I discovered The Hunger Games that I truly unlocked the magic of reading. At the time I had been reading religiously, reveling in the way it took me away from reality, but it was a very solitary and personal experience. None of my friends shared the same passion so it was only when I read Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout which introduced me to book blogging that I realised others did too. Immediately I was online looking for these mysterious blogs; once I'd been following them for a while I decided to make my own. And after a long time spent designing, working out how to use a laptop (my technology inexperienced brain took it's time (nothing's changed there!)) and of course writing... here we are today! :D I'm loving it.
Advice:
I agree with Lauren about this one - blog about what you want. Don't feel pressured to write specific types of posts or about specific books/genres because blogging is meant to be fun, otherwise it will become a chore and then what's the point? Your own voice will come through naturally and viewers will be able to tell; they'll enjoy reading your posts more too.

My Nominees:
Denise @ The Bibliolater
Megan & Catherine @ Books of Fascination
Cody-Leigh @ Literary-ly Obsessed
Cari & Haley @ My Addiction: Books
Jodie @ SummerB00ks
AND YOU!!

How did you start blogging? Any advice? I'd love to hear from you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...