Monday, 14 September 2015

ARC Review: Rebels (The Reverians #2) by Sarah Noffke

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26118981-rebelsGoodreads Synopsis:
Em returns to Austin Valley, but there are many things that don’t add up about her homecoming. She’s left Rogue behind and is adamant that Dr. Parker must leave the Valley with her. Zack agrees to help her, but soon learns she’s not telling the whole truth when Rogue comes storming back. With the threesome reunited, they work on a plan to stop the Defect crisis. Their plan places all of them at risk, but Em knows they have no other choice. Hundreds of kids are being injected with poison every day and Nona, her sister, is one of them. Em Fuller has one mission and will stop at nothing to achieve it: Bring the government of Austin Valley down.


Review:
***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

Long ago I fell in love with Sarah Noffke’s writing, and now I have fallen in love with her characters in The Reverians too. This, naturally, meant my heart was in for one hell of a ride!

Every second of this book was spent enraptured by the events taking place and the emotions they triggered in the characters, along with myself as a reader. It was so easy to connect with the story and that meant it felt real. Real enough that I care about what happens and will throw a fit when I don’t like it *glares at book*. I may understand why certain things happen but that doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it! *grumbles*

The characters have, and will continue to go through so much if the ending is anything to go by – I can’t wait for the third book to see what else is thrown their way. Needless to say that shit will go down! Em is not just another one-sided badass heroine, there is so much to her and that means her emotions are just as complicated. Of course it wouldn’t be a Sarah Noffke book if the relationships weren’t also just as complicated…

In this second instalment, the plot has thickened and people are starting to realise just what’s at stake. You won’t want to miss it.

Favourite Quotes:
“Rarely does the truth set us free. Usually it chains us to the earth like a ghost.” 

“He makes me perfect and so very flawed in my love. Makes me realize all the ways I could love him better, but in this moment we are perfect. Reunited. Happy in each other’s arms. Accepting of each other’s stupid decisions.” 

“He’s my calm in commotion. He’s the rebel smiling when the danger mounts. He’s the guy daring to joke in the face of death.” 

“The beautiful thing about best friends is we can part and when we’re reunited no time will have passed between our hearts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...