Sunday, 2 August 2015

Author Interview: Joshua J. Johnson

In celebration of his latest book being released yesterday I have an interview with the lovely Joshua J. Johnson <3

1) Hi Joshua, thanks for sparing some time for this interview, can you tell us a little about your book A Malmont Summer?
Thank you for having me on your blog! Essentially, A MALMONT SUMMER follows four girls who attend a boarding school for the daughters of the rich in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, but when they have a clash, they decide to flit across the world to attempt to prove to each prove to one another that they're right. Basically, we have exciting locations, interesting characters, and some intriguing storylines!  

2) You’re very active on social medias (including youtube), has this in any way affected your writing process and the way you approach it?
I think it's made me more open about my writing process, and be honest about how writing can be difficult sometimes, but being active online showed me that all writers do their own thing, so I do approach writing in the way that I want to rather than the way I think I should be doing. 

3) Can you name one of your favourite movies, and could you see your book as a movie?
It's got to be either THE FAULT IN OUR STARS or THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER. Both films were made really well and really did the books justice, and I'd love for A MALMONT SUMMER to have the same experience! Out of the books I've written, this one would make the best movie I think—wealthy characters so some interesting costumes, private jets, beautiful locations; I'd love it!

4) What scenes were your favourite and least favourite to write?
My least favourite was the ending! Although they'll be a book 2, this book I've been planning for a very, very long, and I wrote it as I was struggling with some things outside of writing, so the book became a nice place to go to de-stress. I really didn't want it to end! As for my most favourite, probably the arguments! They were so fun to write since there are four main characters with four different set-in-stone views.

5) What was the first creative piece you remember writing that led to your journey as an author?
My short story "Trespassing". I made a blog in Summer 2012 and started releasing short stories on it. Then, in November 2012, I secured a book deal which actually fell through. My audience really liked the sound of the book however, so in October 2013 I self-published it. 8 books and nearly 3 years after my first story, I'm still here and still writing—I'm a lucky boy and very grateful!

6) Do you have any more projects in the works or can you share some ideas for future ones?
MALMONT SUMMER which is due out in Summer 2016, and another secret book that is very peculiar and very strange, and very unlike anything I've ever written before, so I'm very excited to see where this little idea takes me! :) 

Quick Questions
Fan fiction yay or nay? Yay! I used to write Harry Potter fan fiction myself and I think it really helps to develop your writing skills, and can encourage others to write! 
Ebook or paperback? I like the convenience of ebooks, but prefer paperbacks, but ideally I'd own all my books in hardback! 
Tea or coffee? Tea!
Zombies or vampires? Vampires!


About the Author
Joshua J. Johnson currently lives in England with a serious case of wanderlust and a wardrobe full of books.

He started writing as soon as he discovered that book didn't randomly appear, and that they were actually written by people. After growing up writing short stories by hand for his brother and his family-- including a weekly family newspaper-- he created a blog where his writing has been captivated, treasured, and enjoyed by thousands of people in nearly eighty countries around the world.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25757032-a-malmont-summerhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17369803-bones-on-the-surface21869586https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20771003-soulless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...