Friday, 24 July 2015

YALC Haul & Wrap Up

There are a number of reasons why I haven't posted in the last week and a bit, ranging from lack of wifi because the weather hates the internet, to recovering from one of the greatest (and most tiring of weekends) at YALC 2015 - a literature convention in London where readers and authors alike come together inspired by their love of books.

Now something like this cannot be missed and in my eyes needed to be taken advantage of, which is basically my excuse for buying soooooo many books.

When I have book hauls, I go all out.
And so, here are all the books I have obtained under the reason of YALC:

On the left are the ones I bought there (for great prices I might add) and include:
Allies & Assassins by Justin Somper Fantasy, princes, murder and assassins - there was no way this book wasn't coming home with me
Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly Already have the sequel, makes sense to read this first!
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer I do not understand how I didn't own this already
Red Rising by Pierce Brown Apparently I'm a sucker for hype and low prices
The Oversight by Charlie Fletcher Also a sucker for beautiful covers 
Plague Risers by Anthony Ergo That tagline has everyone hooked

In the middle are the ones I already owned/ bought online to take and get signed

On the right are the free ones I picked up throughout YALC and include:
The Dolls by Kiki Sullivan I've wanted to read this for ages!
Boo by Neil Smith Amazing premise
Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick Hopefully I'll like this more than Hush Hush
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Hopefully I'll like this more than Delirium!
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Can't wait to continue with this series
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake Already love the author
Banished by Liz de Jager I feel so lucky to have found an old proof of this


I also bought a Supernatural poster (how could I not? Dean's face is perfect) and a Toothless funko pop <3
With family there too and free stuff calling to me, it's safe to say I have quite the collection! That is why sometime soon I will be hosting a giveaway - make sure you check my twitter and instagram for details in the next few days.

More than that, I've taken away a lot of memories from YALC & LFCC.
It needs to be said that the people there are awesome.
The authors are just as amazing people as they are writers, the staff were helpful, the stall holders were all friendly, and the readers/ bloggers were even better to talk to in person. I loved sharing the experience with them.
And I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...