Friday, 10 July 2015

Review: Stunned (The Lucidites #2) by Sarah Noffke

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23597960-stunnedGoodreads Synopsis:
Roya desperately wishes she was above ground, on a sunny patio, watching the lake lap up on the shore. Instead, she finds herself trapped with the Lucidites. Her brother is mysteriously wasting away, and at every turn she finds a new betrayal. Just when she thinks she’s finally escaping the Institute, a new danger unveils itself. A secret society of Dream Travelers has declared war on the Lucidites by abducting a head official. It’s up to Roya to figure out who’s behind it and how to save everyone she cares about most. More action packed than its predecessor, Stunned is captivating and will leave audiences squirming from the tension and also begging for more.


Review:
***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

Not a second after I finished this book I was emailing the author looking into the next one, and the same second it was in my hands I was invested! The story so far has been truly amazing and I’ve loved every second of it. As a sequel Revived has more action, more emotion, more mystery and intrigue; more awesomeness basically.

What has really made these books stand out is how much emotion they evoke from me as a reader, and I love how it comes from a combination of both characters and plot together. Everything is so intricately woven that I have to commend Sarah Noffke on her skills as a writer.

Each character has their place and with it their own unique personality. They all have such interesting journeys; a story could have been written about any one of their lives! Of course, the main protagonist is Roya and I can think of no-one better. She has grown to accept her role in society as well as among her friends (if a bit begrudgingly, for which I can’t blame her) and it brought out a whole new side of her. Thankfully her sharp and sarcastic wit has gone nowhere which is something you can look forward to.

Relationships develop a lot in this novel, particularly between George and Roya. I won’t go into the whys and wheres because of spoilers but I will say that I’m leaning more towards team George than Aiden… It could very well change obviously but that will only happen if Aiden steps his game up a notch. I certainly look forward to seeing him try!

In the end, to put it simply, I loved this book. And I think fans of the first among many YA readers will to. So if you take nothing else from this review except the fact you need to pick this series up, my work is done.
Favourite Quotes:
“Sometimes our greatest challenges hold our greatest treasures.”

“Love, deep and pure, it opens my heart. It feels like a magical force, one I’d fight to protect, one I’d die to keep.”

“Regret swallows broken men whole. Acceptance builds them anew.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...