Friday, 29 May 2015

The Bedtime Book Tag

It’s been a a long while since I did a tag, so I thought why not? This is the Bedtime Book Tag which Ellen @ Random Smiles tagged me to do - make sure to check out her blog!

Book that kept you up all night reading
I tend to fall asleep late and then wake up late too, so it’s not rare for a book to keep me up. The last was The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare because while I’d planned to read only one story a day that didn’t happen, and it turned into over 6 in one sitting. Not the best idea at 2 in the morning! No regrets.

18621200Book that made you scared to go to sleep
I don’t get easily scared, whether it’s from books or movies, but I did decide to read Say her Name by James Dawson at midnight on halloween last year which was really creepy... and fun!

Book that made you go to sleep
Since I read so late, I have a bad habit of falling asleep unless the book keeps my interest at its highest possible peak. The Bargaining by Carly Anne West was not one of those and I fell asleep on at least 2 different occasions, with my kindle still on and dead by morning. That was a sign it would be a non-finisher.

Book that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation of its release
Another Cassandra Clare book: City of Heavenly Fire, because while I pre-ordered, it took over 2 months before I finally picked it up. I was simply terrified to be disappointed. Needless to say, I shouldn’t have worried.

Book that has your dream boyfriend
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins with my bae Peeta Mellark. As my first book boyfriend he will always have a place in my heart #TeemPeeta

Book that would be your worst nightmare to live in
Rather than say The Hunger Games again, I’m going to choose The 100 by Kass Morgan because I wouldn’t want to live on a ship, and let’s be honest I’d probably find myself as one of the 100 going to the ground at which point I’d be the first do die…

17838475Book that reminds you of the night time
The Taking by Kimberly Derting which has a beautiful cover of the night sky with stars. I’m excited to read this.

Book that had a nightmarish cliffhanger
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. Enough said. I actually have a whole post on cliffhangers inspired by this in the works.

Book that you actually dreamed about
Parts of books tend to work their way into my dreams but it’s harder to notice. However when I was younger I often dreamed of being a wizard/witch like in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling. I still wish I could have gone to Hogwarts.
Book monster that you would not want to find under your bed
I may not get scared from books or movies but in real life I’m a wimp. So just about any monster from the Harry Potter series I couldn’t handle. Especially the basilisk *shudders* I do actually remember having a dream about that! The snake was different but still in the Chamber of Secrets. You can probably tell I didn’t live.

Right, I’m off to sleep now, but first I tag:
The lovely ladies @ Fangirling Misses
Laura @ Blue Eye Books
Morrighan @ Elysian Fields
Megan & Catherine @ Books of Fascination
Cari & Hayley @ My Addiction: Books

Along with everyone who wants to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...