Thursday, 16 April 2015

The Reader Problems Tag

A long, long, long time ago the lovely Megan @ Books of Fascination tagged me to do the reader problems tag and so today I am finally doing it!

1) You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide to read next?
I'd like to say I have some fascinating way of deciding, when in fact I simply go for whatever I feel like at that moment! Granted it sometimes results in multiple books at once (a habit I'm trying to stop... and failing) but that's also down to reading slumps: a whole other thing.

2) You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I quit. There's no point reading a book which I don't like when there are so many others I already know (or at least hope) I'll love.
3) The end of the year is coming and you're so close, yet so far from your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
As any of you who've been following my blog since December know, I don't pay much attention to reading goals nor do I really care if they're not completed (evident through the fact I failed last year's epically). Though I did set a goal this year of 140 books, I'm more excited about the individual reads. Plus there's no point adding stress, something I'd advise anybody to avoid.

4) The covers of a series you love does not match. How do you cope?
There are too many series on my bookshelf with this problem to buy new editions for each (I envy those who have the money too) and so long as I don't look at it for too long it's alright... and it forces me to be more creative with arrangements, that's for sure.

5) Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
As Megan said in her post, this happens a lot so I'll be open with my opinion; it's either that or avoid all mention of the book when among friends! But I always go to Goodreads reviews and see who else thinks similarly since there's such a wide variety of people with thoughts just as diverse.

6) You're reading a book and you're about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I cry. I cry and glare at anyone daring to judge me because who really cares what they think? The only problem I've had is when the shock of a character death hit me after putting the book down and I started crying in the middle of a GCSE exam - Thunderlight by Adrienne Woods I'm looking at you!
^^ This is an accurate representation of how it looks

7) A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a summary on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!
Rarely I'll re-read, and I'll never skip so instead I go back and read both my review and the synopsis to try and jog my memory. If the book doesn't hint at things that happened previously, that says more about the book than anything because usually it's easy enough for everything to fall in place.

8) You do not want anyone - ANYONE - borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
See here's what you do: you say yes, and then just so happen to forget all about it... Or downright shut them down and say how no-one borrows them.

9) Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Don't force it. Take a break and do something else (tv shows work perfectly, unless you get obsessed like someone I know *cough*me with Supernatural*cough*. Personally, I can't go a day without picking up a book so reading slumps are the bane of my existence. That's when I read multiple books at once.

10) There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
BUY ALL THE BOOKS! duh

11) After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Anywhere between minus 2 minutes when I'll be reading it before leaving the shop, or months when there are others which have caught my interest instead.

So that's all for today :D I hope you enjoyed this post and I'd love to know your answers to some of the questions in the comments. My wi-fi won't last long enough to tag people so I'll cheat my way out of it and whoever would like to do this can consider themselves tagged by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...