Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (1): Books From My Childhood that I would Love to Revisit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish with a new topic each week.

For my very first (and hopefully not last!) TTT post, the topic is Books From My Childhood that I would Love to Revisit.

Now I wasn't a big reader as a kid until the last few years of primary school (9 to 11 years old) where it was a huge competition to read everything in the library! Not to brag, but I may have won... ;)
That's when it kicked off and I read every single book I could get my hands on, unfortunately looking back they were all pretty awful! I can't remember titles, but there's no way I'd re-read any of them.

     Except these:

Harry Potter (#1-7) by J. K Rowling
I was at the time, pretty late in reading this series when I was 12, after I'd seen the movies more times than I could count. My older brother even got annoyed with me because I was always hogging the TV! And then I read the books, and he no longer had that problem because I was constantly re-reading the books!
     This will always be a series I come back to when I'm feeling low or in a book slump because it reminds me about the joys of reading and escaping into another world.

^^ I'm counting this as 7 books by the way because otherwise I wouldn't have nearly enough to make up 10!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12691.Marley_and_MeMarly and Me by John Grogan
The first book to ever make me cry like a baby. And I mean weep long into the night... And I love it because of that.

74757Charlotte's Web by Katie DiCamillo
Just the titles of these books are like a wave of nostalgia hitting me like a tidal wave right now. What can I say about this one? Everyone's heard of it and everyone's cried over it - whether it was the movie or the book (which is obviously better).

And finally the Animal Ark series (#1-36) by Ben M. Baglio/Lucy Daniels here in Britain

I remember reading all of these obsessively and desperately wanting to adopt all the animals mentioned - for a long time I even wanted to be a vet, until I found out how squeamish I was... *shudders at the sight of a splinter*

So that is my list! I hope you liked this post - though it featured less YA books than normal, and I'd love to know what books you read in your childhood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...