Tuesday, 6 January 2015

The Taylor Swift Book Tag


With so much going on over the past few days I realised I haven't posted since the new year, so to remedy that I decided to do The Taylor Swift Book Tag (as you can tell by the title and huuugggeee picture) which the lovely Erin @ The Hardcover Lover tagged me to do :)

We Are Never Ever Getting Back together – Pick a book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with
The Divergent Series. While Divergent will always be a favourite of mine and Insurgent was a good sequel, Allegiant ruined it for me with plot holes galore, whiny characters, and a death which made me throw the book at the wall. Not good. Bye Allegiant! I’m going back to pretending you never happened and it finished after the first book *waves manically*

Red – Pick a book with a red cover
Talon byJulie Kagawa. Not only does this have a beautiful RED cover, but the premise looks interesting and it’s by an author I already love.

The Best Day – Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic
Re-reading Harry Potter takes me back to the time when I read every book I could get my hands on. They had all been released but I had to wait for weeks and weeks for my local library to get them in stock, and it actually bought the last one (Deathly Hallows) specially because can you believe they didn’t have it! Unacceptable ;)

I Knew You Were Trouble – Pick a bad character you couldn’t help but love
The Morgenstern family (Sebastian and Valentine) from The Mortal Instruments are some of my all-time favourite characters because of their depth. Sebastian more so, because he’s simply so twisted and I loved him for it. City of Heavenly Fire was a cry fest!
Innocent – Pick a book someone ruined the ending for
I’m pretty good at avoiding spoilers and my friends know to be careful because I tend to react badly… But being on social media and as a fan of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare it was only a matter of time before I was spoiled about the ending of Clockwork Princess. It wasn’t just once either, but multiple times for the whole series to the point where I could tell someone exactly what happens without reading any of the books! No harm done though I still loved them and still cried.

Everything has Changed – Pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development
Juliette from the Shatter Me series changes so much from the first book to the last. Originally I had some respect for her, then her whiny character frustrated me to no end, and then finally she grew up (that about sums up the books!)

You Belong with Me – Pick your most anticipated book release
This year has a lot of amazing releases, and I actually did a whole post on it last December (which you can see here) but right now it would have to be Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard because I just keep hearing more and more amazing things about her writing <3

Forever and Always – Pick your favourite book couple
There are a lot of choices for this one, but my top OTP ever since City of Glass by Cassandra Clare is Malec : Magnus and Alec. They are complete opposites and therefore suit each other perfectly. The Bane Chronicles which contains their first date had me laughing and crying. Simply beautiful. They deserve that happily ever after, and if it doesn’t happen… I won’t be held responsible for my actions.
Teardrops on My Guitar– Pick a book that made you cry a lot
I cry in books. A lot.  The worst though must have been The Fault in Our Stars by John Green when I lasted half the book and at least an hour after non-stop river. It was hard to even read the words! They’re probably even smudged…

Shake it Off – Pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters
If I love a book I will always defend it while trying to be respectful, unless they’re hating for the hell of it and that’s when the gloves come off. Most recently it was The Duff by Kody Keplinger.

Blank Space – Pick the most over hyped book or series that didn’t work for you at all
I’m gonna have to agree with Erin on this one and say Matched by Allie Condie. She at least stuck it out for the three books but I couldn’t get into the first and so didn’t finish. There will be a review coming soon to explain why.

Invisible – Pick the most under hyped book or series that you think deserves the spotlight
I tend to read more under hyped books as review copies, and that includes Thunderlight by Adrienne Woods which is the second in The Dragonian Series and one of my all-time favourites. You can see why here and there’s also an interview with the amazing author. Definitely pick this book up!

The Story of Us – Pick a couple you think should end up together
For the most part the people I want to be together are (in the end) and the only one I can think of is in the Shadow Falls Series by C. C. Hunter when Kylie picks the wrong guy (in my opinion).

Love Story – Pick a forbidden love in a book or series
I had to think for this one, because while most romances have their problems or are unconventional, they weren’t exactly forbidden. Except of course Forbidden byTabitha Suzuma since they are brother and sister. This book was heartbreakingly beautiful <3

So that’s the end of the tag! I’m not sure who’s already done it so feel free to link your posts in the comments, or if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged by me!
taylor-swift-the-end-the-story-of-us-Favim.com-232251

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...