Sunday, 28 December 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

The rules for this are pretty simple:
1) Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2) Post the award's logo on your blog
3) Answer the 10 questions you've been asked
4) Nominate 10 bloggers
5) Set 10 new questions for your nominees

So I was nominated by several people including Olivia @ Olivia’s Catastrophe , Tia @ Read it Write Now , Cari & Hayley @ My Addiction: Books , Eclectic Introspections and Tanya @ A Book Paradise so thanks so much to all of you. But instead of answering everyone’s questions I’ll only answer Olivia’s since she was the first to nominate me. Again thanks so much!

Olivia’s questions:
1) What is one of your favourite authors?
Cassandra Clare is someone I immediately think of when I’m asked this question, and while there are so many others, I’d have to say her because I love every single one of her books (and she’s done a lot!)

2) Ebooks, Paperback or Hardcover?
Depends. If I hate the cover: ebook. If I want to treat myself: hardcover. But usually paperback. So all 3! Which doesn’t really answer the question… Oh well

3) What is your favourite genre and why?
Possibly YA Paranormal or Fantasy (sometimes they can be one and the same), because they can all be so original and they capture my attention like nothing else.

4) Why/when did you start your blog?
I started back at the end of May this year (2014) because when I found the YA genre and with it all the fandoms and blogging sites, it was immediately something I wanted to be a part of. People close to me know that I can be a very opinionated person and to find a whole community online dedicated to sharing these opinions on a subject that I love was amazing.

5) Why/when did you start to love reading?
I’ve always loved reading since I was young and the way it takes you away from reality for a while, but it didn’t become a full-fledged obsession (because I’ll be honest, it is for me) until I found the YA genre which happened at a time in my life when I most needed it.


6) If you could enter a fictional world for a day, which would it be?
Easy. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

7) Who would be your fictional boyfriend?
I’ve done a whole post on this (my top 5) because there were too many…!

8) What is your opinion about love triangles?
If done right they can add a lot of interest to the book, so long as they don’t take away from the plot etc and add to it instead. But if it’s only there for the hell of it, I’ll likely walk away.

9) If you could only read series or standalone books for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Definitely series, because you can see so much more of the characters and out of the few standalones I’ve read, some felt too rushed to include everything. Also many turn into a series anyway!

10) What is your favourite book blog to follow (Not your own, guys xD) and why?
I’d feel bad if I only said one, because I have a whole list of blogs I love and some are my friends as well, but there is a short list in the right sidebar. There are however so many more, and I discover new ones every day J

Here are my questions:
1) What/what inspired you to start blogging?
2) Are your family avid readers?
3) How many books do you on average read in a month?
4) Where do you read?
5) What do you do if you fall into a reading slump?
6) What genre do you want to read more from?
7) Do you review every book you read?
8) How do you rate books?
9) What is your favourite quote from a book?
10) What was the last book you gave 5 stars to?

I nominate:
The lovely ladies @ Fangirling Misses
Anne @ Anne Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...