Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Christmas/Winter Recommendations


I am back after my quick break, to recommend books for both the Christmas and Winter period (even though it felt like winter months ago when the cold weather arrived here early in England). Winter isn't my favourite season but it is the perfect excuse to stay inside with a book and drink lots of hot chocolate so even without snow you won't hear me complaining!

Reading related to the time of year is something I don’t do often, for the same reason I don’t make TBRs: I simply pick up the book that catches my attention next. However I wanted to change things round and these genres remind me of this time of year, so I picked some books in them.


Fairytales:
A beautiful retelling of Beauty and the Beast, this book has a great heroine and an intriguing mystery that will keep you turning the pages (review).

Another Beauty and the Beast retelling, this time including mythology (review).

This book surprised me for sure, and as a retelling of Cinderella but with a sci-fi twist it definitely captured my interest (review).


Fantasy:
The whole Harry Potter series is perfect for any time of the year, but particularly in the Autumn/Winter season when I know people host read-a-longs and there are lots of discussions.

If anyone hasn’t already read this series they need to get started, because it is one of my favourites of all time and though it’s not necessarily a Christmas read, it’s perfect on a cold night (review).

Taking place in winter this is obviously the perfect Christmas read.


Christmas:
The combination of short stories is perfect and really showcases the talent these authors have. It also meant that while we just had rain where I lived I could read about proper snow!

I haven’t started this book yet because I am hosting a read-a-long with an Instagram friend starting on the 13th with one of the twelve stories a day, but I’d love for you to join us and check out the original post for more details here.

I hope you all have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...