Wednesday, 1 October 2014

September Book Haul 2014

Last month (September) was great for new book releases and while I haven’t done a book haul before, I wanted to try one so just bear with me! In total I bought 14 paperbacks as well as 4 kindle books which is a lot more than I thought I would at the start of the month, but some were very kindly given to me as review copies which I’ll mention.

I can’t remember what order I bought them... so I’ll just start randomly:

I read this a while ago when I borrowed it from the library but with the release of the sequel approaching I decided to buy it to put with the sequel on my shelf.

This is the sequel of The 5th Wave which was released on the 16th of this month. I had been eagerly awaiting this book since the second I finished the first instalment so I finished it only a few days after it had arrived. I wasn’t that impressed I'll be honest but I’m still looking forward to the sequel coming 2015.

I’d heard a lot of hype on this book so even while I don’t usually like contemporaries I wanted to give it a try. It looks like quite a summary read but I’m in denial it’s Autumn yet anyways.

I bought this book for the same reason as The 5th Wave; the sequel’s release was coming soon.

I hope to re-read Unbreakable before I started this because I can’t remember the details, but I do remember I liked it.

Again I’ve heard a lot of hype on this book, which looks really great from the synopsis.

I was incredibly excited for this book when I first heard about it, and was lucky enough to win my own copy through a contest on twitter from the lovely publishers over at Macmillan Children’s Books.

This book looks like a very good thriller and I haven’t read any in a while so after my friend recommended it I wanted to give it a try.

Another recommendation that looks really interesting. I got an extra copy by mistake that I was allowed to keep so I might include it along with the extra copy of The Duff and/or some others in a giveaway I’m intending to host when I reach 100 followers on the blog.

I know this is being made into a movie right now, so I hope to read it before the movie’s released. I’m not sure when that is but I expect it’s somewhere in 2015.

It’s been a long time since I read The Shadow Falls series but I look forward to getting back into the world through the eyes of a different character.

The author Claudette Melanson sent this to me as a review copy which is very exciting and I can’t wait to start it! I admit am loving the vampires craze so this fits in perfectly.

I also got a few kindle books:

1)      The Magdeburg Trilogy #1-3 by Kat Kruger
This consists of The Night has Teeth, The Night has Claws and The Night is Found. I’ve already read and reviewed these books which I was given by the author through her publisher and I loved them! A definite recommendation.

I know I’m very late in jumping on this bandwagon, but better late than never! I’ve avoided all spoilers religiously and have absolutely no idea what I’m going into but can’t wait.

Those were all of the books I got in the month of September.

I hope you liked this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...