Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Creatures of the Night Tag



I really wanted to do a halloween-y (I know that's not a real word but oh well) post but I haven't read that many spooky books to recommend so instead I decided to do a tag called Creatures of the Night that was originally created by Kat from Katytastic over on youtube where you recommend a book about different creatures of the night... surprising right?

1) Vampire
I am a sucker for a good vampire book and one of my all time favourites has to be The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa which is the third and final book in The Immortal Rules trilogy. I posted a review a slightly spoilery review where my point was basically to read it!

2) Werewolf
I can't say I'm usually a fan of werewolves because they tend to have an annoying human side for instance in Twilight... *cough*Jacob*cough* but still I'd recommend Twilight because I liked the books (at least parts of them).

3) Zombie
To put it simply I haven't read many zombie books, except In the After by Demitria Lunetta which I recently loved so I'm excited to read the sequel.

4) Ghost
Just 2 days ago I read Say Her Name by James Dawson to get in the Halloween mood and it was brilliant! I still can't look in mirrors...

5) Witch/Warlock/Spellcaster
There were a lot of books which I love about witches and the obvious choice is of course Harry Potter, but since I practically mention this series every post (or at least tag) I decided to mention Half Bad by Sally Green instead. It is a far cry from Harry Potter that's for sure but I enjoyed it all the same as you can see from my review.

6) Fairy/fae
Not many books focus solely on fae and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is no different but they definitely play an interesting role as the series progresses (my review).

7) Demon
Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk is a mix of everything demons and together with 6 amazing guys it is an amazing quick read. I recommend this to everyone and you can see why here.

8) Angel
Again I'm going to have to go with City of Bones by Cassandra Clare where Angels and their creation of shadowhunters obviously play an important part in the story's background as well as present.

9) Alien
Easy. One of my favourite books ever even though I was disappointed by the sequel (this is why)  - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (which I also reviewed).

10) Superpowered human
The list for this category is endless, but I'm going with Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi because anyone who hasn't read this trilogy definitely should if for no other reason that Aaron Warner...

Finally I tag:
The lovely ladies @ Fangirling Misses
Anne @ Anne Books
Anna @ Books, Quotes & Dimples
Erin @ The Hardcover Lover
Joanne @ Spantalian's Book Reviews
Clarissa @ Books Equal Awesomeness
Naomi @ The Perks of Being a Bookworm
Tanya @ My Book Paradise
Kitty & Fari @ My Little Corner for Books
Sandee @ Book Ramblings of a Whimsical Reader
Connie @ The YA Book Thief

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...