Friday, 3 October 2014

Blog Tour: Firebolt (The Dragonarian Series #1) by Adrienne Woods


Firebolt (The Dragonarian Series #1) by Adrienne Woods
Publisher: Fire Quill Publishing

Goodreads Synopsis:
Dragons. Right. Teenage girls don't believe in fairy tales, and sixteen-year-old Elena Watkins was no different.
Until the night a fairy tale killed her father.
Now Elena is in a new world, and a new school. The cutest guy around may be an evil dragon, a prince wants Elena's heart, and a long dead sorcerer may be waking up to kill her. Oh and the only way Elena's going to graduate is on the back of a dragon of her own.
Teenage girls don't believe in fairy tales. Now it's time for Elena to believe in...herself.



Review:

***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

I knew straight away from the synopsis that this would be a fun book, and I was not wrong! It combined a Harry-Potter-like-boarding-school with dragons and epicness.

Chucked into the action straight away you meet Elena who has to quickly change her beliefs when she’s faced with a new world and it was great going on that journey with her. She took her time I’ll admit as anyone would if they just got attacked by dragons, but she was never going to be the sitting in a corner crying about how life isn’t fair type (I’ve had too many of those). She wasn’t over the top either and had times when she was vulnerable making her very easy to relate to. I loved her phrase “for the love of blueberries”.

She meets lots of new “people” including one swoonworthy boy called Lucian; who just so happens to be a prince. I fell in love with him immediately, the relationship he has with Elena always put a smile on my face but also fit well with the story. Then there’s Blake… he’s very much an mystery and for someone who plays such a vital role in the plot we don’t know much about him; while I have my hunches on his future I can’t wait for the sequel to find out.

More characters included the lovable Sammy and her best friend soon to also be Elena’s friend, Becky. There are plenty more worth mentioning but I could probably go on about the individuals for ages so I’ll move onto plot.

It was very well paced; I actually read it in one sitting because I got so invested in the character’s stories so quickly. They do have to face a lot in a plot that has plenty more to come. The history of Paegeia was vital in emerging myself in this book like it is for any fantasy series, but it was delivered effortlessly as we learnt alongside Elena who of course was also new to it all.

Overall it was an amazing start to a very promising new series, but for the love of blueberries where is the sequel?!
Favourite Quotes:
“You must see her pucker when she’s a dragon.”
“This pucker can light your ass on fire, missy.”

“You make your own future.”

“Lucian’s voice rang inside my head, loud and clear, “Move your ass, Elena, and no matter what, trust your reflexes.” Relying on my clumsy butt was more like it. I’d made a joke, That was a good sign.”

“It wasn’t the first time I played on death’s porch, but it didn’t mean that I was used to it either. It was weird how in the movies your whole life okays out in slow motion. It was nothing like that. It was horrible.”


About the Author:
I was born and raised in South Africa, where I still live with my husband, and two beautiful little girls. I always knew that I was going to be a writer but it only started to happen about four years ago, now I can’t stop writing.

In my free time, If I get any because Moms don’t really have free time, I love to spend time with friends, if it’s a girls night out, or just a movie, I’m a very chilled person.

My writing career is starting with Firebolt, book one with the Dragonian Series, there will be four books in total and two to three books that is about the stories taking place inside The Dragonian Series. Dream Casters is a new series I'm working on and Dream Caster book 1 will be released in 2015.

I do write in different Genres, I have a woman’s fiction called the Pregnancy Diaries, but it would be published under another name. And then I have a paranormal series, called the Aswang series and another called Guardians of Monsters. Both of them would be published under Kristen Ping. 

So, plenty of novels to come out, so little time.

Links: website  *  Twitter  *  The Dragonian Series  *  Blog

GIVEAWAY

Swag up for grabs!
1 signed copy
1 custom made book mark
Custom made Firebolt bag
Custom made Firebolt T-shirt

5 digital copies of Firebolt




Brought to you by Fire Quill Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...