Monday, 22 September 2014

Ten Book Challenge

I was tagged to do the Ten Book Challenge by both Jennie over @ A Bookworm Called Jennie and also Nikki @ Love at First Write so thanks to both of them!

List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes, and do not think about it too hard. They do not have to be the "right books", or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list!

Harry Potter was such a huge part of my childhood that it would be insulting to not include this in my list. I read this book before I realised I loved reading.

I fell in love with these characters from the first page of this series, and they have always stayed with me. But not only that, this series led me to discover this amazing thing with lots of other amazing books called the YA genre…

While Cassandra Clare introduced me to the YA genre, Jennifer L. Armentrout introduced me the amazing world of blogging.When I saw that the main protagonist was a book blogger I immediately looked it up to find that there was a world of people out there who loved books and also loved talking about books. Just like me. I don’t know what I wold be doing right now without this book.

I’m pretty sure this book has stayed with a lot of people, because it’s simply one of those books that remains after the last page is turned. I learnt so much from this book about love and life, which I know I will always relate to and never forget. On a side note, it also restored a little of my faith in contemporaries!

This book was my very first ARC and only a few weeks after I got my blog, to say I was excited would be an understatement! I was contacted by the author directly for this book and the previous ones in the series, so it was nice to be noticed and also talk to her about other things unrelated to her books! Authors aren’t just the names in books of people who live on in castles on islands writing books, who you never talk to or see; like I grew up believing.

This book showed me a story from POV of the “villain” and it truly opened my eyes to what’s behind people’s faces, particularly the villains who more often than not have a better back-story than the hero. I got to meet the author Tanya Byrne in London a month or so ago and even though I made a complete fool of myself (I forgot my name/username *slaps forehead*) I loved it all the same, and to talk about the ending that I couldn’t get out of my head for weeks was amazing.

I’m not sure why this book stuck with me, but I loved it so it has.

I read this in school as part of English when I was 11 and after hearing others complain about school books I was so thrilled that I loved mine! I completed the series a long, long time ago now but I’m hoping to re-read at some point.

I remember that I read this series in under a week and if that doesn’t prove how much I loved it and I don’t know what does! I’d read a lot of more serious books previously so the humour in this was a breath of fresh air.

What remained with me throughout this trilogy was always Tris. I idolised her so much, with her selfless/brave personality and this shaped what I value in other people and what I think of myself.

As one of the first YA books I truly remember, I also remember how much I loved it. Peeta was in fact my first book boyfriend so he along with this trilogy will always have a place in my heart.

I Tag: Anne @ Anne Books
The girls @ Fangirling Misses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...