Monday, 8 September 2014

Review: Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2) by A&E Kirk

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15723916-drop-dead-demonsGoodreads Synopsis:
Survival. It's an on-going battle.

GOING ON A TREASURE HUNT...
Aurora Lahey finally knows why supernatural slayers salivate to slaughter her, but how to stop them? Not so much. Sure, she's discovered her own lethal powers, and has six sexy, super-charged, demon hunting Hex Boys watching her back--the hottest one watching every part of her. But when a seductive stranger delivers a deadly ultimatum, Aurora and the Hex Boys plunge into a do-or-die hunt for a legendary Mandatum treasure, which will finally shift power in their favor. Or unleash hell on earth.

NEX MARKS THE SPOT...
Pursued by demons of mythical proportions, Aurora and the Hex Boys race deeper into the shadowy world of a centuries-old mystery and brutal conspiracy, where no one and nothing is what it seems. Where love and betrayal go hand-in-hand, and trusting the wrong person not only breaks your heart, but gets you killed.

DEMONS ON YOUR TAIL...
Uncovering shocking secrets from the Hex Boys' past, hiding her Divinicus Nex identity, lying to her pretend-wish-he-were-real boyfriend, dodging demons, breaking into ancient tombs, taking the unexpected side trip to the dark depths of the Waiting World, tracking a traitor, and passing Physics...Aurora could do that in her sleep. Or more likely, die trying.

DON'T GET CAUGHT!


Review:
***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! If I could give it more than 5 stars scrap that; if I could give it 100 stars I would! It was simply perfect for me, and if you want a dramatic yet hilarious YA read that will leave you holding your breath before snorting it out in laughter; this is the book for you!

It’s unreal how much I enjoyed this book, and it wasn’t just one aspect either…

The plot was complex and full of twists and turns, so much so that I felt like I was having those “eureka!” moments every couple chapters before I went back to re-read it (it was the only way I could stop myself from finishing the book in one manic sitting, and I needed to savour it, because where is my sequel?)

There was a hot romance between Ayden and Aurora that of course had plenty of disturbances (demons, uncontrollable powers, and Blake may do that (I still love him even when he was playfully messing with them).

Add in heart-pounding action plus dramatic turns for the worst and I was hooked. However I can’t overlook The Hex Boys influence either. They were back as funny and witty as ever; so I lived for the scenes with all of them together.

Aurora was also back and I have to say that I loved her voice (that may sound a bit weird…) She is undeniably witty as she tells the story from her point of view so I prized the moments when her feisty personality came out with the most entertaining comments. Comic aside, I could also appreciate how much she has grown as a character and how much stronger she has become through the pages of these books; so it was great to see.

In the end, I just want to say that you need to read this book because it’s fantastic (if that hasn’t come across already I don’t know what to do!)
Favourite Quotes:
“The guys all quickly averted their eyes and raised their hands to further block any chance of catching a view. Anything to not see Rose in his painted-on leather one-piece that left absolutely nothing to the imagination. 
“Stunning, right?” Rose spread his palms as far as the cuffs would allow.
“Oh, I’m stunned.” Ayden looked ill.
Rose looked down at himself with admiration. “Not many males can pull off this look.”
“No male can pull off that look.”
"Actually, his finely sculptured physique would be considered the perfect complement for this type of anatomically revealing attire which accentuates his—”
“Bloody hell, Jayden, shut it!”
“Dude, this is so not right.”
“I feel like it’s looking at me.”
“Feel like what’s looking at—? Oh. Oh! Ugh, now I feel like it’s looking at me too.”

“Mom, this isn’t what it looks like.”
Mom put her hand on her hip. “It looks like a group of boys wrestling on the floor of your bedroom while you watch. Wearing a towel.”
“Okay,” I admitted, “it is what it looks like, but it’s not—”
“Sexual?” She raised her eyebrows.
“Mom!”
Luna stuck her head under Mom’s arm and sucked in a breath. “She’s gone from a love triangle to a kinky sex pentagon.” 

“I know what I’m doing.”
“Nothing good ever comes after that statement.”

“I looked down at my chest, figuring there had to be a bullet hole. Or an arrow sticking out. Something to explain the pain. But then I realized it was just my heart. Breaking.”

“Murder might do wonders to relieve my stress.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...