Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Chocolate Book Tag


I was tagged a while ago to do this and knew what I was going to say but never seemed to get around to actually writing it until now, but I'm glad I did because it was a lot of fun (and I love chocolate so to use it as an excuse to eat more while wrote it was perfect! No complaints here.)
Tagged by the girls over @ Fangirling Misses

I tag: Anne @ Anne Books
Jackie @ Jackie's Book World
Rachel @ The Rest is Unwritten

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21509074-since-you-ve-been-goneDark Chocolate - A book that covers a dark topic (domestic violence, abuse, rape, loneliness, death, etc)
Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne
This has almost everything mentioned above: domestic violence, abuse, loneliness and death. So it is definitely a dark read, the ending is no happy-ever-after.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16067683-demons-at-deadnight?from_search=true


White Chocolate - Your favourite lighthearted/humorous read
Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #1) by A&E Kirk
Looking through what I've read I realise I don't actually read many lighthearted books, and when they're humorous it's only because of one character etc. However I finally found one and that's Demons at Deadnight (basically the whole series (2 books so far)) because there were a lot of loud out loud moments thanks to my Hexy Knights and overall it had a light feel to it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10194157-shadow-and-bone?from_search=trueMilk Chocolate - A book that's gotten a lot of hype and that you're dying to read
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
This is one of those series that I'm ashamed to have not read yet. I bought the book ages ago but simply haven't had time to get to it, it's been bumped up on my TBR list simply because of the amount of people badgering me about it and all the hype surrounding it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11870085-the-fault-in-our-stars?ac=1
Chocolate with Caramel Center - A book that made you feel all gooey inside while reading it
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Again I don't really read that many books like this, usually because they tend to fall in contemporaries and I don't usually read them. The exception was The Fault in Our Stars. This book melted my heart with it's adorable romance and then smashed it with killer ending I can't forget (no matter how hard I try by the way).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17332969-the-100?ac=1Wafer-Free KitKat - A book that surprised you lately
The 100 (The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan
I was surprised by this simply because I started watching the TV show beforehand and it's nothing like it. The differences are huge, characters are different (some aren't even in the book, or alive when they shouldn't be etc).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8755785-city-of-heavenly-fire?from_search=true

Snickers - A book you're going nuts about
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
Do I even have to explain myself? It's City of fricking Heavenly Fire!!! I am a huge fan of the series and waited for the conclusion for forever, and even then I read it a while after the release because I was busy (and I'll admit wary of it being over so I procrastinated (story of my life)). It was emotional, and action packed and b-e-a-utiful.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3.Harry_Potter_and_the_Sorcerer_s_Stone?ac=1
Hot Chocolate with Cream and Marshmallows - A book you would turn to for comfort
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling
When I'm in a book slump; I go to Harry Potter. When I'm upset after a book; I go to Harry Potter. When I'm lost about to read next; I go to Harry Potter. When I'm having trouble in life outside of the blogging atmosphere; I go to Harry Potter. Harry Potter and Hogwarts is my home. <3

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11825646-percy-jackson-collection?from_search=trueBox of Chocolates - A series you've read that has a wide variety and a little something for everyone
Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
This is usually where I'd recommend what I'd consider "classics" like The Mortal Instruments or Harry Potter, but since I've already mentioned them I'm going to go for another favourite series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. It has action, a little romance, mythology and a lot of epicness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...