Thursday, 21 August 2014

I Won a Liebster Award!



I am so excited to announce that Kyla over at Book Buddies PH nominated me for the Leibster Award, and while I was really honoured being the newbie I am I had no clue what it was! So of course I took to Google... I found out that rather than being like an actual award or prize, it is kind of like a chain letter that goes over the internet from blogger to blogger as a way of spreading the word of these new blogs.
I also found out that if you receive a nomination and choose to accept (which not everyone does) it basically means you've won it! Which is where I again thank Kyla.

The award also comes with some rules (that you complete for accepting):
1) Link and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions they asked.
3) Pick 11 other bloggers with no more than 200 followers to nominate.
4) Ask them 11 questions and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blog.

Here are my answers to Kyla's 11 questions:
1) What book(s) do you want to be on the screen someday?
A lot of my favourite books already are movies (good or bad, you can figure that out) and others have had the rights sold, so it's a hard choice. However I'd love to see The Dawn of Eden series by Julie Kagawa made into films because they're so awesome there's not a lot they could do wrong... Actually change that, if they stuck to the book there's not a lot they could do wrong.

2) What is your favourite book of all time?
I can never pick just one or even one series, but after finishing City of Heavenly Fire recently I'd have to say The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.

3) If you could be in a paranormal book, what would you be, werewolf or vampire?
Vampire because they're much more bad-ass; we can just forget about the drinking blood bit, especially since I'm actually vegetarian.

4) Who is your favourite author?
Favourite author belongs to favourite series so Cassandra Clare. Suzanne Collins doesn't have enough books in my eyes to be a favourite author (and I didn't even like Mockingjay).

5) What's the best book(s) you've read this year?
Since I've already mentioned Cassandra Clare's & Julie Kagawa's books I'll go for Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.

6) If you could live in a book, what book would it be and why?
I know this is a pretty common answer, but it would have to be the Harry Potter series, because who doesn't want to go to Hogwarts? Then in the summer you'll still be in the wizarding world.

7) Why did you join the blogging community?
I've always loved reading as a whole but when I found the YA genre over a year ago it was like a door opened, and then with it I found all the fandoms and blogging sites. It was immediately something I wanted to be a part of because I didn't have many friends who shared the same interest in books as me, but it took me a while to find the courage to post my thoughts and feelings online. I still haven't had this blog very long but it's been great so far and opened even more doors for me.

8) Describe the last book you read in 3 words and what book was it?
I last read the Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: absolutely bloody brilliant!

9) Do you fall for fictional guys, if so, can you name at least two of them?
Only like every single book I read...! The classics are obviously Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars, Jace from The Mortal Instruments, and Peeta from The Hunger Games (don't you dare say Gale) and while I love all of these I also love Daemon from The Lux Series and Maxon from The Selection Series. I could name about 100 more so I'll leave it there.

10) What's the best thing about blogging in your experience?
Meeting all the new people whether it's authors, fellow bloggers or fellow avid readers that I wouldn't have met otherwise.

11) What is/are your favourite book blog(s)?
I have a list in the side bar that have a few of my favourites but some that aren't mentioned are Girl in The Woods Reviews and A Book Paradise.

Below are the 11 bloggers I am nominating for The Leibster Award:
Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
Anna @ Books, Quotes & Dimples
Erin @ The Hardcover Lover
Mikky @ Nocturnal Predators Reviews
Sandee @ Book Ramblings of a Whimsical Reader
Joanne @ Spantalian's Book Reviews
Robin @ Where Books Lead Us
Mercedes @ The YA Craze
Clarissa @ Books Equal Awesomeness 
Naomi @ The Perks of Being a Bookworm
Alexandria @ The Book's Buz

And here are the 11 questions you need to answer:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What's your favourite experience related to blogging so far?
3) What is/are your favourite book blog(s)? Excluding Enchanted by YA of course ;)
4) What's your favourite book(s) so far this year?
5) What's your favourite book/series OF ALL TIME?
6) If you were shipwrecked on a desert island which 1 series would you want with you?
7) Any book turn-offs?
8) What do you eat while blogging/reading?
9) If you lived in a book and could have the love interest for yourself with the female protagonist out the way, what book and who would you choose?
10) Is there a character you love to hate in a book?
11) Do you read books more than once?

*Update
Since posting I have also been nominated by Emma @ My Husband is Fictional , Priya @ Priya Appleby , Tia @ Read it Now , Nikki @ Love at First Write , Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road , Jennie @ A Bookworm Called Jennie, Carina @ My Addiction: Books, Britt @ Books by Britt, Amethyst Bookwyrm Lauren @ Always Me, Gennifer @ Ready, Set, Read! & lastly Busy Brunette @ Busy Brunette's Bookshelf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...