Thursday, 3 July 2014

Author Interview: Suren Fant

As you may have noticed I have not posted anything for over a week now on my blog because my laptop was sent for repair, but I’m back! And with nothing less than an amazing interview…!

I am really excited to announce, that I’ve had the chance at an interview with Suren Fant who is the author of several books including his stand-alone Edge of End (which I just so happened to like and you can see my review here). Now, as for the interview:

1) Hi Suren, thanks for sparing some time for this interview, can you tell us a little about your book Edge of End which is a standalone novel?
Edge of End is a paranormal and fantasy novel about a man who wakes up in a desert his memories wiped from his head. He finds himself in the middle of an unknown. He is alone having no clue who and what he is, where he has come from and where he should go. There is only one way – forward when he spots a little town in the distance, town which seems outwardly abandoned, nothing to be scared of, but soon Jonathan realizes that evil dwells there. Wandering along empty streets he finally meets the real face of the town, without mask and here the struggle begins. Jonathan has to fight for his soul and for the love he has possessed in the most hideous town he had ever seen in his glory.

2) Your novel focuses a lot on what happens after death, but what are your opinions?
My novel takes place afterlife, where everybody has to deal with the life he or she lived. Both Jonathan and Elizabeth has to face the place which they deserve afterlife and here they realize their mistakes. By telling this story I want every reader to ponder the actions and decisions made in his/her own life. Who knows what is waiting for us afterlife.

3) How and when did you first realise you loved writing and wanted to be an author? What was the first thing you ever wrote?
When I was ten years old, I didn't. But I started writing when I was already 16 years old. At first I preferred short stories, then poems and several plays. My first novel, I wrote at age 19, is called “He”. It has never been published and it is in Armenian. Then my next work was The Godless which has been published twice, the first publication was in 2011 and the second in 2014.
I daresay I had a feeling I was going to be an author. I was always attracted by books.

4) Do you have any more projects in the works or can you share some ideas for future ones?
I have got a book series - Shade of Light - which includes two short stories - Passion of an Angel and Wrath of Michael. This series gives you a new imagination about the beginning of life, discovers the mystery hidden behind the invisible barrier of Garden of Eden where the first humans were banished from. The world humanity lives now couldn't exist without angels in it. Everything has started when a carious angel intended to change the course of life and the system has begun.

5) What are some of your favourite movies, and what actors/actresses could you see playing the main characters from your book?
I have favourite movies from every genre, but the ones I will always love are "The Godfather", "The Matrix", "The Shawshank Redemption", "Vanilla Sky".
I'd like to see Alex Pettyfer as an actor of my book main character - Jonathan. I think he suits for this character, his face, his hair color, the expression in his eyes. What about Elizabeth, here I have to ponder a little. Maybe Victoria Justice, or Kirsten Dunst.

6) What scenes were your favourite and least favourite to write?
My favourite scene to write was the moment when Jonathan runs both from the doglike devils and the sandy storm pursuing him in the streets of the town. I could clearly imagine him possessed by supernatural power and running and fighting the devils down, his every move, his every strike hang before my eyes very lucid. I knew what I want him to do, how to fight and use his inhuman power.

Quick Questions
Fan fiction yay or nay? Yay
Ebook or paperback? Paperback
Tea or coffee? Coffee
Zombies or vampires? None

About the Author
Suren Fant (Hakobyan) is an Armenian writer living in Yerevan with his wife and son. He writes fantasy, mystery and horror stories.
He writes both in English and in Armenian, has got a lot of novels and short stories in Armenian. Besides Suren has written a novel in Russian too.
Suren works as a constructor now. Lives in Yerevan.
To learn more about Suren and his books, visit SurenFant.com or follow @surenfant on Twitter.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22397047.Edge_of_End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...