Thursday, 5 June 2014

Review: The Prince (The Selection Novella #0.5) by Kiera Cass

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15820748-the-prince?ac=1Goodreads Synopsis:
Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...

Don't miss this thrilling 64-page original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection.


Review:
This short story is written from Maxon’s view and is set shortly before the selection to the first meetings with all 35 Selected girls.

In this short story Maxon is so damn cute! *Heartfelt sigh* It gives you an insight to his life and his position in The Selection. It also explains his feelings towards it, including his anxiety towards all the girls, (the girl mentioned in the synopsis is partly to blame).

But bless him, he doesn’t understand anything about girls in general which adds a touch of humour to this short story and makes you love him that much more. It was also really interesting to see the start of America’s and Maxon’s “friendship” in his eyes, because with the other books in The Selection series written in America’s view, you see more of her doubts and questioning than truth when it comes to Maxon.

The one great disappointment was how short it is. 64 pages fly by in one sitting and just as it’s getting good it’s over, quick as a flash.

Anyone who loves Maxon The Selection series must read this, and it doesn’t even matter the order you read it with the others. I read it after The Onewhich is the second book and it didn’t degrade from it one bit.
Favourite Quotes:
"I could welcome someone else into my world, and it would be better than anything I'd ever had before because . . . because she would be mine.
And I would be hers. We would be there for each other. She would be what my mother was to my father: a source of comfort, the calm that grounded him. And I would be her guide, her protector."

“I wanted to make a good first impression with these girls—and a good second impression with one—and apparently I was convinced this all hung on picking out the right tie. I sighed. These girls were already turning me into a puddle of stupid.”

“Oh, please don’t cry!” I begged in a hushed voice. “I never know what to do when women cry!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...