Thursday, 29 May 2014

Review: The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17455977-the-eternity-cureGoodreads Synopsis:
In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever—and possibly end human and vampire existence. 

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago—and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time. 

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make.


Review:
Reflecting back on this book all I can think about is the ending. It was so devastating that even now if I think about too long I swear I will break down. Words cannot describe what I am feeling and in my eyes it overshadowed the rest of the book, but I will try and be fair and not spoil anything. However, believe me, I could easily rant about this for a long, long time so I won’t start.

Now, I’ll be honest, the book started a little slow, but the second characters were reintroduced I was lapping up every single word. Allison remains the strong, kick-ass heroine from the first book if not more so, and joined by her new travel companions on her rescue mission you are in for a thrilling ride.

Sarren in this book is one of the cruellest and sadistic villains I have ever encountered, which could only meant that he is one of the best villains EVER! He is beyond creepy and cringe-worthy but in his delirious state there are times that a part of me holds a twinge of sympathy, the rest of the time he’s busy being disturbingly cool. Another amazing character is Zeke. I loved him in the first book, The Immortal Rules, and my prayers have been answered. He has returned! But I will say no more than that.

The dystopian vampire world gets even more intense with this instalment and with it come new challenges. Revelations appear left, right and centre and all my predictions of what would happen in this book went out the window (multiple times).

There’s honestly no more I can say without spoiling you, because just about everything in this book is a surprise. So anyone who even faintly enjoyed The Immortal Rules must read this book, meanwhile I can’t wait to read the next in the series, The Forever Song.
Favourite Quotes:
"I sheathed my blade and glared at him. "And here I almost thought you weren't a complete bastard."
"Well, that's your mistake not mine."

"Jealousy and hatred didn't keep you warm, and expending energy on wishes was useless."

“I could choose what kind of people I preyed on, but in the end, I had to prey on someone. The lesser of the two evils was still evil.”

"Watching him fling himself at the rabids, grinning demonically as he tore them limb from limb, reminded me too much of myself. That thing that I kept locked away, the beast that goaded me into raw animal rage and bloodlust. The part that made us dangerous to every human we encountered. The part that kept me from ever being with Zeke."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...